The QA Automation Engineer works alongside Software Test Engineers and Software Developers. S/he will write and run automated test cases to test new or existing features, automate bug recreations, execute regression tests and generally reduce the time needed to thoroughly test web and mobile applications. S/he will work closely with a small team of designers, testers & developers within an agile scrum environment. This is a great opportunity for a skilled automation engineer to shape and enhance the QA team.
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- • Responsible for testing web and mobile applications in a fast-paced software product environment
- • Devise creative and efficient ways to provide automated test coverage for new features
- • Write automated tests for new features being worked on by scrum team
- • Maintain and support existing automated test suites
- • Analyze and communicate automation test results
- • Identify and communicate the origin of a bug found through test automation
- • Test software manually when necessary
- • Interact with fellow testers and developers to create test plans and assure that automated tests are appropriately testing new features and alleviating efforts from manual testing
- • Test planning with fellow scrum members to ensure that QA is effectively testing the code written for the sprint
- • Help explain defects to developers and help them reproduce them under complex scenarios
- • Rarely miss defects while testing software
- • Work beyond the minimal requirements of assignments
- • If a project is handed to you, you see the project all the way through to completion
- • Work toward “win-win” outcomes